They offer a platform for debate, where national and international experts give a presentation on current issues related to water resources.
- May. Round table on the water footprint and the legacy of Arjen Hoekstra. Daniel Chico, Maite Aldaya y Alberto Garrido. Watch video..
- May. The implementation of ecological flows in Spain and its ability to mitigate hydrological alterations caused by dams. Speaker: Gabriel Mezger. See presentation and video.
- April. The effect of urban treatment plants and the Tajo-Segura transfer on the quality of the waters of the Middle Tagus. Implications for the Third Planning Cycle. Speaker: Antonio Bolinches. See presentation and video.
- April. Webinar «Water walks through us: ecological flows and groundwater». Speakers: Gabriel Mezger y Lucia De Stefano. Watch video.
- March. Webinar “Water walks for us: the extraction and distribution of water from rivers to cities and the impacts on the ecosystem”, on the occasion of World Water Day. Speakers: Antonio Bolinches y Carlotta Valerio. Watch video.
- February. Shared waters around the world: conflict, cooperation and clashing worldviews. Speaker: Aaron Wolf, Director del Programa sobre Water Conflict Management and Transformation, Oregon State University.
- May. Great religions and environmental conservation. Speaker: Emilio Chuvieco, Professor of Geography at the University of Alcalá and director of the chair of environmental ethics UAH-FTPGB.
- April. Water in the world – The world of water. . Speaker: Jaime Lamo de Espinosa, Emeritus Professor of the Polytechnic University of Madrid. Professor «Jean Monnet» UE.
- March. Dictionary of Extinction, End of Population Growth? Speaker: Giuliano Cannata.
- February. R + D + i at IMDEA Water. Speaker: Eloy García Calvo, Director of the IMDEA Water Institute.
- April. The water footprint: Towards a new vision of water. Speaker: Daniel Zimmer, Director of Innovation at Climate-KIC; former director of the World Water Council.
- January. Water management in Spain in the 21st century. Speaker: Antonio Lamela, Prof. Dr. Architect, Urban Planner and Territory Planner, Rey Jaime I Prize, Dr. Honoris Causa UCJC and Academician RADE.
- November. The technological platform for water. Speaker: Enrique Fernández Escalante, Doctor and specialist in Hidrogeología, Grupo Tragsa.
- October. River edges and public space in cities. Speakers: Eduardo de Miguel (Architect and Professor of Projects at the ETS Arquitectura de Valencia); Ginés Garrido (Architect at Burgos & Garrido Arquitectos and Associate Professor at the ETS Arquitectura de Madrid).
- April. Agua y Marca España: present and future. Speakers: Francisco Díaz Pineda, President of WWF-Spain; José Luis González Vallvé, General Director of AGA, Spanish Association of Water Companies and President of the Council for Foreign Promotion of CEOE; Pedro Arrojo Agudo, Honorary Professor of the National University of Engineering of Peru; Antonio José Alonso Burgos, Deputy Director General of Infrastructure and Technology in the General Directorate of Water of the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Environment.
- April. Special institutions for water management. Speakers: Alfonso Janeiro Díez, Head of the Department of Infrastructure, Environment and Energy. ICEX Spain Export and Investments; Jordi Codina Roig, Secretary of the Spanish Association of Groundwater Users; Juan Valero de Palma, Secretary General of the National Federation of Irrigation Communities of Spain; Carlos Manuel Escartín Hernández, Deputy Director General of Integrated Management of the Public Hydraulic Domain, General Directorate of Water.
- March. Water in Antarctica: recent research, global importance and use limitations in a singular space. Speaker: Jerónimo López Martínez, Professor at the Autonomous University of Madrid and President of the Scientific Committee on Antartctic Research.
- February. Present and future of state water companies. Speakers: Aránzazu Vallejo Fernández, General Director of Waters of the Basins of Spain, ACUAES. Arcadio Mateo del Puerto, General Director ACUAMED.
- January. The Center for Hydrographic Studies. History and main achievements. Speaker: Federico Estrada Lorenzo, Director of the Center for Hydrographic Studies, CEDEX.
- Iagua: a project to organise and distribute information about water in the world. June 13th. Speaker: Alejandro Maceira (director of iAgua). See presentation (pdf).
- The virtual water trade and the implications for natural resources and food security in Latin America. May 8. Speakers: Insa Flachsbarth (researcher at the Botín Foundation Water Observatory); Alberto Garrido (deputy director of the Water Observatory).
- Biodiversity in the DNA of companies. Reality or fiction? April 4. Speaker: Sonia Castañeda Rial (director of the Biodiversity Foundation). Download colloquium (3 mb).
- The implementation of the DMA in Spain. Preliminary evaluation of the first planning cycle and pending challenges for 2015. February 14. Speaker: Nuria Hernández Mora (president of the Nueva Cultura del Agua Foundation).
- Science in innovation in water: the EU joint programming initiative. February 8th. Speaker: Damiá Barceló Cullerés (director of the Catalan Institute for Water Research ICRA). Download colloquium (2 mb).
- The European Joint Programming Initiative on Water. January 18th. Speaker: Dr. Enrique Playán (Higher Council for Scientific Research). Download colloquium (3 mb).
- Food security in the world: is it related to water security? January 11. Speaker: José María Sumpsi (professor of E.T.S. de Agrónomos UPM and former deputy director general of FAO).
- Transparency and public government: international and national experiences. December 14th. Speaker: Jesús Lizcano (President of Transparency International, Spain; Professor of Economics at the UAM).
- The Lorca earthquake. Is there a relationship with the extraction of groundwater? December 4th. Speakers: Ramón Capote del Villar (UC professor); José Jesús Martínez Díaz (professor at the UCM); Francisco Turrión Peláez (Segura Hydrographic Confederation). Download colloquium (6 mb).
- The State of the Future Report 2012 and Scenarios for Latin America 2030. November 30. Speakers: Jerome C. Glenn (Millennium Project Executive Director) and Ibon Zugasti (PROSPEKTIKER Director, Spanish Node of the Millennium Project). Download Jerome C. Glenn Symposium (2.7 mb) / Download Ibon Zugasti Colloquium (1.3 mb).
- Ghost water in the Guadiana Basin. November 8th. Speaker: Alberto Fernández Lop (Water and Agriculture Program, WWF Spain).
- Water consumption in ethanol production: the agricultural and industrial sector. October 26th. Speaker: Antonio Dias Santiago (EMBRAPA, Brazil).
- Are we running out of water?May 21st. Speaker: Prof. Peter Rogers (Harvard University). 19:00 to 20:00 Royal Academy of Sciences. See full papers.
- The link between water and energy from an economic point of view. May 10. Speaker: Gonzalo Delacámara (IMDEA Water Researcher and Professor of Fundamentals of Economic Analysis at the UAH).
- Desertification, between reality and myth. April 27. Speakers: Dr. Juan Puigdefábregas Tomás (Prof. «ad honorem» CSIC. Experimental station of arid zones).
- Food and Water Roundtable on World Water Day 2012. March 22nd. Speakers: Juan Valero de Palma (Secretary, FENACORE and Acequia Real de Júcar), Ignacio Trueba (Emeritus Professor of Projects and Development, UPM) and Fermín Villarroya (Professor of Hydrogeology, UCM).
- Ecological Connectivity. March 8. Speaker: Prof. Francisco Díaz Pineda (WWF-Spain President and Professor of Ecology, Complutense University of Madrid).
- Evaluation of the ecosystems of the Millennium of Spain: Exploring the links between ecosystems, biodiversity and human well-being. February 16th. Speaker: Prof. Carlos Montes (Professor of Ecology, Autonomous University of Madrid).
- Country in Water R + D + i Project. 12th January. Speaker: Miguel López Estebaranz (Coordinator of the Spanish Water Platform).
- Highlights from the World Water Week in Stockholm: personal reflections. January 25. Speaker: Prof. Jan Lundqvist (Senior Scientific Advisor, Stockholm International Water Institute).
- Is rainfall sufficiently taken into account in climate change? December 15. Speaker: Juan José Donaire.
- Water in the green economy: the road to Rio +20. November 23. Speaker: Josefina Maeztu (UN-Water, Zaragoza).
- Food and groundwater: the case of California. 112th of July. Speakers: Thomas Harter, Ph.D., Robert M. Hagan Chair, Water Management and Policy, University of Davis.
- Water and Market Rights in Chile: tensions between individualism and sustainability? June 16. Speaker: Miguel Solanes, Senior Researcher at IMDEA Agua, Madrid. More information.
- Water security and sustainable intensification. May 9. Speaker: Professor John Anthony Allan. (Co-celebrated with the RAC and IMDEA water).
- The perspective of cost recovery in water matters in Spain. February 16th. Speakers: Lorenzo Galbiati (Catalan Water Agency) and Pedro Arrojo (Director of Master Fluvial Management).
- Water wars: myth or reality? October 26th. Speaker: Aaron Wolf (Oregon state University, USA).
- Transformative management for more resilient food production socioecological systems. November 19th. Speaker: Alan Vidal (CGIAR Water For Food Program Director).