International seminars of the Water Observatory
International seminars are debates with Spanish and foreign experts from different professional and academic fields. They are held at the headquarters of the Botin Foundation in a climate of freedom of thought and scientific rigor, not being conditioned by what is ‘politically correct’. The most important aspects covered in each seminar are usually collected in freely accessible publications.
Seminars in 2020
- October 2020: Fostering cooperation in water resources management.
Seminars in 2019
- April 2019: Adapting Water Rights to Face Climate Change Impacts: A Comparison of California and Spain.
Seminars in 2018
- June 2018: Retos de gobernanza de aguas subterráneas y presentación del libro “Advances in Groundwater Governance”.
Seminars in 2017
- April 2017. Are agricultural policies realizing its environmental sustainibility goals? Lessons and opportunities learnt from the Swiss and the European Common Agricultural Policy.
Seminars in 2015
Seminars in 2014
- February 2014. Pros and Cons of the Application of the Water Footprint.
- January 2014. Water Policy Tools and Trends in Spain and Japan.
Seminars in 2013
July 2013. Water Policy and Trends in Israel and Spain.
Seminars in 2012
November 2012. Integrated Water Resources Management.
Seminars in 2010
October 2010. Water and Food Security in a Globalised World: Ethical Issues.
Seminars in 2009
September 2009. Water and Food Security.
Seminars in 2007
June 2007. Water Ethics.
Seminars in 2004
June 2004. Water Crisis: Myth or Reality?
Seminars in 2001
December 2001. Intensive Use of Groundwater. Challenges and Opportunities.