The Art Grants are intended to aid both training and the development of personal and research projects, which must be directly linked to artistic creation rather than to the development of a theoretical study. Specifically, the Fundación Botín offers six scholarships for artists of any nationality with an expected duration of nine months and an endowment of 23,000 euros each, in addition to medical insurance for recipients who need to travel to a country other than their country of residence. Of these six grants, one will be reserved in priority for an artist who is Spanish or resident in Spain (for at least five years immediately prior to applying for the grant), under 30 years of age, who wants to spend time abroad to continue their work, their studies or a residence.
In addition to financial support, the grants programme will showcase the works created by the chosen artists in a collective exhibition at the Centro Botín, Itinerarios, which this year celebrates its twenty-seventh iteration. The works will be presented not only in the exhibition gallery but also in other spaces or formats better suited to making the artists’ researches public, as may be the case with performance, participatory activities or video cycles, among others. The choice of the most conducive presentation will be made by the Centro Botín in consultation with the artists. In addition, at the end of the grant period, the Fundación Botín continues its commitment to grant-aided artists by closely following their subsequent progress and, where appropriate, by purchasing works for inclusion in its Collection.
Since these grants were launched in 1993 they have benefitted more than 200 creative talents by acting as a dynamic stimulus to contemporary art and supporting upcoming talents seeking to develop a research project in the visual arts. It is worth noting that many of the Botín grant recipients have already established themselves on the international art scene and are regularly present at top-level events.
Duration: 9 months.
Aimed at: Artists of any nationality and age, although one of the scholarships is intended for Spanish or resident creators under 30 year of age.
Art Grants 2024-2025
- Fundación Botín announces its new call for projects to award 6 Art Grants meant to support individual art projects that may consist of training (academic or not), research (non academic), and production. Artists of any nationality may apply. One of these grants will be given in priority to a Spanish artist or resident at least five years prior to the application to this grant, under the age of 30 who have a concrete project of relocating abroad to carry out their project (training, research and production).
- Grants are awarded to individual artists (or established groups of artists) and are not transferable. They cannot be used for any other purpose than the carrying out of the project outlined in the grant application.
- Applicants must demonstrate that the project they apply for is not funded by another institution, unless it is clearly stated that those funds are applied to a specific aspect of the project that this grant will not cover.
Grants are given to cover a period of nine months.
- The grant is valid for the grant period only. It cannot be interrupted, and the grant period must start before the end of 2024.
- Grantees will be notified in writing once their application has been approved. They must confirm in writing that they accept the grant before any payment can be made.
A jury of art professionals will be in charge of selecting the 6 projects that will be supported by Fundación Botín. Members of the jury will be announced after the closing date for the receipt of applications. The decision of the jury will be final and cannot be challenged.
- Applications must be postmarked on or before Friday, May 3rd, 2024. It is essential to fill the online form before submitting the
- Applications received at the Fundación Botín until May 17th, 2024 will be accepted if they bear a postmark prior to May 3rd 2024.
- The resolution of the jury will be made public as of Monday, July 1st, 2024 at www.fundacionbotin.org/becas-convocatorias and www.centrobotin.org/becas
INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTATION
From 9 to 14 hours
Pedrueca 1, 39003 Santander (España)
Tel. +34 942 226 072
https://www.fundacionbotin.org/becas-convocatorias / www.centrobotin.org/becas